Do I Really Need to Have My HVAC Equipment Serviced?
If you’re a homeowner, chances are there’s quite a number of tasks or projects that need your attention, and the thought of servicing your HVAC may just not make it on the list.
Your HVAC system tends to be one of those “out of sight – out of mind” things. However, not having your HVAC equipment checked and serviced can be much more detrimental than you think.
Here’s why annual HVAC system maintenance is needed and why you should never put it off:
Preventative maintenance keeps your HVAC system running smoothly in all seasons and operating at top efficiency. Just like vehicles need tune-ups and oil changes,
HVAC equipment is subject to periodic breakdowns and need of repairs – which can be prevented or reduced by regular inspecting and tuning up.
Here are some of the benefits of regular HVAC system maintenance. Some are immediate and some can prevent future problems.
- Lower Energy Bills – A neglected system gradually loses its ability to keep your home comfortable at the same level of efficiency it once did. But a newly-tuned HVAC system will likely consume less energy, which will save you money on the energy bills.
- Fewer Repairs – Annual maintenance and tune-up could help catch problems before they become disastrous, preventing breakdowns and future repairs and thus paying for itself. Better to find and fix that AC system when it’s not 100 degrees out. And nobody wants their heater breaking down in the middle a January snow storm.
- Longer Equipment Life – A/C, furnaces and other HVAC equipment function best when they’re regularly serviced and cleaned, often adding years to their lifespan.
- Safer Equipment Operation – Your family’s safety is another big reason for regular HVAC system maintenance, since failing HVAC equipment can be dangerous: a crack in your furnace’s heat exchanger can cause carbon monoxide gas to escape and poison the air you breathe; your electric HVAC system can develop a short circuit, which could be a serious fire hazard, etc. A regular inspection can prevent these unsafe conditions from occurring.
- Maintain Your Warranty – Newer systems may be under warranty, and many people think that means you do not need the preventative maintenance. But the truth is that most warranties actually REQUIRE that you have that annual maintenance in order to keep the warranty. Imagine having a faulty part a few years into a new system’s life, only to find out that you’re no longer covered under warranty because you didn’t keep up with the annual maintenance.
- Environmental – Also, making sure your HVAC system runs smoothly and efficiently can help to protect the environment.
Heating and Air Conditioning equipment needs to be inspected, cleaned, and serviced at least once a year. Homeowners often want to do the heating system in the fall and the air conditioning in the spring, but the timing really isn’t critical – as long as both systems are done sometime during the year. Annual servicing includes adjusting for peak efficiency, cleaning, safety inspection and a general look-over of the whole system.
Even if you like DIY projects in the house, a thorough tune-up requires professional knowledge, skills, and tools that only experienced HVAC technicians can deliver. And to keep that warranty valid, you’ll need a professional service inspection completed.
Everyone wants a reliable cooling and heating system to feel safe and enjoy all seasons. It’s especially inconvenient and uncomfortable when breakdowns happen on a sizzling summer evening or freezing winter night – and the odds of this happening when you schedule inspections every year are greatly diminished.
Don’t wait for things to go wrong – start with the important first step towards preventative maintenance and contact us to schedule service, so you can relax and enjoy every season in your home!
Our excellent team of HVAC technicians, including heating contractors and cooling contractors, is available 24/7 to make sure your home is safe and comfy by delivering solutions customized for your household. And with a UGI Advantage Service Agreement, you can count on priority service for breakdowns, any time of the day or night, even on holidays! You can even opt to purchase a service agreement that includes your annual maintenance to save even more and worry even less.
Rely on UGI Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for all of your whole-home HVAC needs in and around Lancaster, PA, Reading, PA, Harrisburg, PA, and the Lehigh Valley, PA.
We are here to help you enjoy your home in every season – Make an appointment for one of our services today.